The Texas Body Painting Festival kicks off its first annual event on June 24, 2017, in Corpus Christi, Texas. Presented by IMPLIED Magazine, Phat Tats Tattoo Parlor and C101 Rocks with support from the Marina Arts District.
Additional sponsors include:
The TBPF will be hosted in downtown Corpus Christi at the House of Rock (511 Starr St.) and will feature live body art along with fashion and music.
- 8 p.m. - doors open for live body art presentations and music
- 9:45 p.m. - fashion show by Star Struck Boutique
- 10 p.m. - Body Art runway show and awards ceremony
- $10 general admission
Artists are invited to register to participate. Details for the competition include:
- This events includes a FULL BODY PAINTING competition with the following in cash prizes - $500 (1st place), $300 (2nd place) and $200 (3rd place)
- No cost to participate.
- Props are allowed.
- Registered artists will be listed/tagged on the official Facebook event page for exposure.
- Competition will consist of a "theme" to be revealed to all artists on June 17th. Artwork for the competition should relate to the theme.
- Artists may provide their own models; however, we also have a list of models who have already expressed interest in participating from which you can select.
- Artwork will be judged on the following - Creativity, Technique, Theme Appropriateness and Presentation.
- A photography session will be arranged prior to doors opening for all artists to have their artwork captured for publication in a special edition of IMPLIED Magazine devoted exclusively to body art.