Women are simply beautiful, there's no denying that wonderful fact - it is the reason for why IMPLIED showcases the images that we do. If you're a woman who'd like to be featured on our pages, then we invite you to submit your work.
We welcome both previously unpublished and published images for our Magazine and Daily Featured Model Spotlight, respectively - see details below.
MAGAZINE: Our print/digital magazine is, of course, our primary medium for showcasing the images that we feel embody the spirit of IMPLIED at its best. Work that is submitted for consideration in our magazine must be previously *unpublished and exclusive to IMPLIED.
*Images must not have been published in another magazine. If images were posted on your personal website portfolio and/or social media, that is acceptable, but we ask that you try to keep it to no more than 50% of your submitted set(s).
DAILY FEATURED MODEL: For work that was previously published/posted in a personal photography portfolio and/or social media, we welcome the opportunity to showcase your work in our Daily Featured Model Spotlight on our website, which would include links for you and Shout Outs on our social media. Please note that material must not have been published in another publication.
SOCIAL MEDIA: We do feature individual images for posting on our social media, primarily Instagram, although it may also appear on our Facebook and/or Twitter. NOTE: The easiest way to submit content for this category is to simply tag #impliedmagazine directly when you post your work on your own social media profile. NOTE: Please understand we receive literally hundreds of tags each day, so we're only able to repost and feature a limited number of images. However, keep in mind that your images may also appear on The Wall here on our website.
NOTE FOR MODELS: If your submission is accepted, we would still need permission from the photographer(s) you worked with to print the images. You will receive a form to share with them for approval.
FOR SUBMISSION CONSIDERATION
Here are our guidelines:
- We feature primarily "implied nude" photography - images should not directly or explicitly show the genitals. With that said, we definitely have a #freethenipple mentality, so we will consider images that do show the nipples in a subtle manner, so long as they do not consist of more than 20% of the submitted work.
- Your images do not have to necessarily come from one single photo session; feel free to submit your best images, if you feel like it. NOTE: Remember that you will need to get permission from all the photographers.
- For initial submission, low-res images are acceptable. We will request the high-res versions upon successful acceptance for publication.
- Please submit a minimum of 8 images or more per set.
- Please submit them via Dropbox or similar service (i.e., Google Drive, Onedrive, iCloud) by sharing the folder link ONLY; please do NOT add us to the folder itself.
We are receiving a ton of submissions, but we do know what it's like to wait to hear something back - we will contact successful applicants within 10 - 14 days. If you don't hear from us within that time frame, then it was most likely not accepted.
If your work is accepted, we will request the following from you:
- Hi-res versions of your work - 300 dpi at minimum 2600 pixels on shortest side (for magazine) / minimum 800 pixels on shortest side (for online journal).
- Content release form signed by photographer. Photographers retain all copyright for their images.
- Model release and proof of age provided for all models depicted. Models must be 18+ on date of photo shoot.
- Listing of all credits for the creative team that may have been involved (i.e., photographer, model, hair stylists, MUA, fashion stylists, etc.), including any website and/or social media links.